The French National Authority for Health (Haute Autorité de Santé – HAS) was established by the French government in August 2004 in order to improve the patient care quality and to guarantee equality within the healthcare system. HAS activities are diverse: ranging from assessment of drugs, of medical devices, and of procedures to guideline publication and healthcare organisation accreditation and doctor certification. These are based on rigorously acquired scientific expertise. Trainings on quality issues and information provision are also key components of their work programme.
HAS is an independent public body with financial autonomy. It is mandated by law to carry out specific missions and respective reports to the Government and the Parliament. It liaises closely with government health agencies, national health insurance funds, research organization, unions of healthcare professionals, and patients' representatives.
Reimbursement and LPPR registration (Liste des Produits et Prestations Remboursables)
- CE mark and LPPR are both prerequisites for reimbursement through health insurance systems
- Product-category and pricing-system dependent registration requirements
- Registration requires extensive documentation, with five-year validity
- Coordination throughout the registration process
- Best-suited procedure identification, based on medical-device features
- Follow-up, such as registration condition renewal or modification
Please ask for a non-binding offer via our Contact Form.